A true Friend...

So today is moving day for me. I woke up early as usual on such a day, i guess because of nerves and excitement.  I decided to move back up to North County and semi abandon city life.  It was a pretty quick decision, however, i put the request out to the universe that i wanted to move back to North County and the universe answered...quickly.  The place i found has great ammenities, is located in Carlsbad, and is less than what i currently pay for my location downtown.  It is only about 2 years old and has washer and dryer in the unit.

I found the place two weeks earlier, drove up and looked at it last week, put the deposit down on it and voila...today is moving day.  Upon waking up, i noticed that it was raining, which bummed me out just a little bit, but worse things in life have happened.  I thought of my friend Noah, who would be coming down in a few hours to help me load up the remainder of the truck.

I asked Noah to be at the apartment at 8:30 so we could get a jumpstart on things.  I appreciate Noah because, well lets just say getting noah up before noon on the weekends is a tough thing to ask of someone, especially when they enjoy their sleeping in days, and to top it off, it was raining.

I got a text message at about 7:30 saying that he was up and would be at my place at 8:30.  I thought to myself, that is true friendship.  You can't find friends that are more loyal than that.

We finished the move and got everything into the new place despite the rain.  We both felt like it was a pretty painless move.  We were both starving at about 1:30 and decided to get some food.  Noah suggested and old favorite that i had forgotten about, Wahoo's fish taco.  Wow, what a great choice.  Fantastic food at a great price.

i finished the moving process late that night.  I had to go back to the old place and clean.  I wrapped up at about 6:30 so it was a long day for me.  All in all a very rewarding day and I am happy I made the choice.  The girls seem to love the new place, the roommate seems sweet and loves cats.  Most importantly, I feel i am closer to my dream.  To my best friend Noah, if you are reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You are truly an amazing friend and I am very blessed and lucky to have you in my life.  Friendship like yours is hard to find, and a true gift when it is.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)