a blessing and an honor



So i was just about to hit the sack tonight. I was just thinking about my little cousin Jake the other morning hopeing he was okay. He decided to go to Thailand to pursue and ultimate fighting career. I gave him my blessing before he left and wished him success and continued happiness.

I had been thinking about him a lot over the last few days. I love him like a brother. I am an only child and Jake is the closest thing to a little brother that i have. As I was logging off of facebook (yes i have a facebook account...don't hate), I got a call from a number that i didn't recognize. I thought it may have been another cousin from the canary islands, but instead I instantly recognized the voice on the othe end of the line as cousin jake.

I was so happy to hear from him. He called me to tell me about his journey. I asked if he was okay and i could hear the tension in his voice as he said no. He said that his trip had been a huge challenge. Upon arriving there, he got Ghiardia. After he got over Ghiardia, his room and several other guys in his room were robbed and to finish it off, he blew out his knee. The doctors gave him some cortisone, but they said basically he can never fight again.

Out of all this, he has been talking to his girlfriend, Daisy. He met her a few months back and from what i can tell really loves her. He told me that he wants to marry her and that he wants me to be the officiant. I said i would love to. He didn't set a date yet but said he would give me more news when he gets home. I am happy for him in his decision. He also said that he is going to go back to school. I told him I think that is a great decision.

I guess i just feel special knowing that he called me, out of all his family, our family because he trusts and loves me and that means the world to me. I love Jake like a brother and don't think of him as a cousin. I remember babysitting him when he was knee high to a grasshopper. I watched him grow up and now he has blossomed into a wonderful young man with a huge heart and tons of love.

Thanks for allowing me to be there for you jake. I love you and cant wait to see you soon.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)