Day 7-Montevideo to Salto

Today was the best morning yet for me.  I woke up early and decide to take advantage of some solo time and the free breakfast.  Actually, Its the coffee I am looking forward to the most.  I want to catch up in my journal, read and enjoy the scenery.  To my surprise, Jeff's wife, Hope was already down having coffee.  We chatted for a good two hours and I caught up in my journal.  The clouds kept the sun from peeking out and the grayness of the city reminded me of a cool Paris morning.  I felt like I was lucky to be at this exact spot, at this exact moment and that it would never be repeated in history.


We left for the bus station early, at approximately 10 a.m.  Today we take a 6 hour trip to Salto.  There is not too much in Salto, but I believe it is a staging point so we are not on the bus for 30+ hours.  Salto is directly across the Rio Uruguay from Concordia, Argentina.  Salto's main attractions are the nearby hotsprings at Dayman and Arapey.

The bus left at 1 pm and we arrived into Salto into rain and thunderstorms. and lightning.  We waited in the terminal for a bit and I chatted with Kellie and Dylan, two group members on Holiday from Australia.  Dylan is an extremely funny character and he and I have been having fun joking around with each other.  At the bus station, he hid my camera bag while in the restroom.  While we were in cue for the taxis, i smacked him upside the back of his head.  Its all in good fun and keeps me away from thinking, which was a primary objective of this trip.

We arrived at the hotel at about 8:00 pm and by 8:30 or 9, we had dinner at the cafe right next to the hotel.  I wasn't in the mood for pizza.  Jake and some others ordered like 4 or 5 pizza's.  I just laughed and decided to have Hamburguesa y jamon y  papas fritas.  It was actually a really good hamburger with tomato, lettuce, fried egg, ham, mayonaise and a thin meat patty.  I washed it down with an ice cold 1/2 litre of beer.  My bill was about $5 US so I am not complaining.





After dinner, I walked with Noah and Matt to the grocery store to get some water.  We headed back to the hotel.  We were all pretty beat so we decided to call it an early night.  The rain let up and the streets were glistening from all the water and mixture of street lights.  It was an impressing sight to see.  Unfortunately I couldn't catch any of it with my camera.

I thought the 7 hours on the bust was going to be brutal, but it wasn't that bad.

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)