Skip to main content

Day 7-Montevideo to Salto

Today was the best morning yet for me.  I woke up early and decide to take advantage of some solo time and the free breakfast.  Actually, Its the coffee I am looking forward to the most.  I want to catch up in my journal, read and enjoy the scenery.  To my surprise, Jeff's wife, Hope was already down having coffee.  We chatted for a good two hours and I caught up in my journal.  The clouds kept the sun from peeking out and the grayness of the city reminded me of a cool Paris morning.  I felt like I was lucky to be at this exact spot, at this exact moment and that it would never be repeated in history.


We left for the bus station early, at approximately 10 a.m.  Today we take a 6 hour trip to Salto.  There is not too much in Salto, but I believe it is a staging point so we are not on the bus for 30+ hours.  Salto is directly across the Rio Uruguay from Concordia, Argentina.  Salto's main attractions are the nearby hotsprings at Dayman and Arapey.

The bus left at 1 pm and we arrived into Salto into rain and thunderstorms. and lightning.  We waited in the terminal for a bit and I chatted with Kellie and Dylan, two group members on Holiday from Australia.  Dylan is an extremely funny character and he and I have been having fun joking around with each other.  At the bus station, he hid my camera bag while in the restroom.  While we were in cue for the taxis, i smacked him upside the back of his head.  Its all in good fun and keeps me away from thinking, which was a primary objective of this trip.

We arrived at the hotel at about 8:00 pm and by 8:30 or 9, we had dinner at the cafe right next to the hotel.  I wasn't in the mood for pizza.  Jake and some others ordered like 4 or 5 pizza's.  I just laughed and decided to have Hamburguesa y jamon y  papas fritas.  It was actually a really good hamburger with tomato, lettuce, fried egg, ham, mayonaise and a thin meat patty.  I washed it down with an ice cold 1/2 litre of beer.  My bill was about $5 US so I am not complaining.





After dinner, I walked with Noah and Matt to the grocery store to get some water.  We headed back to the hotel.  We were all pretty beat so we decided to call it an early night.  The rain let up and the streets were glistening from all the water and mixture of street lights.  It was an impressing sight to see.  Unfortunately I couldn't catch any of it with my camera.

I thought the 7 hours on the bust was going to be brutal, but it wasn't that bad.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

So, I thought today was going to be just another Sunday of lounging around and netflixing.  I don't think I have ever been so wrong in my life.  To start with, Facebook reminded me of my memories.  I happened to click on a friends link and decided to follow another link to my very first girlfriends sisters page.  Its random how I got there, but I blame facebook.

To my shock, I saw that her sister had passed on the 22nd of November.  I was shocked because I knew that she wasn't that old.  I reached out to an old mutual acquaintance and found out it was pretty sudden and unexpected.  That had me in some kinda mood.  Because of that, I began to text and email friends and check in and make sure then were okay.

I got a text message from a close colleague I used to work with at a previous job.

Beck: "whats shakin CB"
Me: "Not much just wanted to say hello.  Had a wake up call today.  Found out first girlfriends sister just passed away.  So sad...she was young"
B…

Screw back up plans

Yes I said it.  Yes I have had quite a few unsuccessful ventures and I have recently started reading blogs that suggest backup plans.  I don't agree and I will tell you why.

When you have a back up plan you have an "oh shit that didn't work and I have to do something about it". Its like whatever it is going on in your life is going to fail or stop being at some point. Newsflash: You are correct!  NOTHING lasts forever. Your job, your marriage, your income stream, your family and most certainly not your startup or your job.  For those of you wishing to go back to the old days, its not going to happen.  The age of chivalry is dying and the startup that you create will be dead within 10-15 years.  We don't live in our parents or grandparents economy. Hell the way we communicate is changing. See example below and try and decipher what I am saying to you

☝☺✊✋✌❤👀👂👃👄👬👭👮👪👫👶💋💖💔💞😀😑😚😥🙆🙅🙈🙉🙊😞😞😞

Did you figure it out yet.  If so, please pat yourself …

Just a friendly update on me :-)

Hey everyone

Just wanted to give an update. You may remember that I said I was going to be coming back to California, well it is official.  I am heading down May 1. I will most likely take the train and stop in Napa to visit my cousin Stephen Bordes at his winery for a day or two.  From there, I will catch a train to San diego.

I am currently looking for work and open to any positions that may be available, I just ask that you don't hold it against me because I have a masters degree.  I have seen many companies shy away from hiring me because I have a Masters Degree.  I am honestly looking to get off my feet and find a base of operation. My home is California and I know that now.  I am native and the air, soil and water are in my bones.

I am looking to establish which means I will need to find a place to live (that I pay for monthly), maybe even get a car (down the road) for now I know that I will have to use the bus and I am okay with that. I am nervous as hell about this move …