Travel Day-LA to Argentina

Noah and I were up at 4:45 sharp to get ready. We have turned into girls as we have gotten older. Seems like it takes us 45 minutes to do what we used to in 15. We seemed to get ready in a hurry. Only problem was Mr Potato. he didn't want to get up, so he slowed us down a bit.


We arrived in plenty of time to clear security, get some quick food, and stop to get noah some stuff for his throat, since he was a little under the weather with it. Before we knew it we were boarding our big bird to Atlanta, a Boeing 777-400. They are amazing, and very cool on the inside. I watched a few episodes of "Hung" and some TV and then before i knew it we were in Atlanta. We landed at the international gate so we didn't even have to change terminals, It was very nice. I think our plane was slated to go to Sydney after dropping us off.


We had time to kill since our flight wasn't boarding till 8pm, so we read, relaxed, listened to music and wrote in our journals. It was an interesting day. I watched many travelers as they boarded their planes, either back home or to a new vacation spot.

Traveling has always fascinated me ever since I was a child and my father, who owned North County Travel Service in Encinitas, California; took me to the airport. He used to drive all of his clients to the airport. He bought a Ford LTD wagon and would load all the luggage in the back. There were pop up seats in the back that he would let me sit in and he would say, "Okay Chad, you have to keep an eye on this luggage and don't let it move all over," I would reply with a , "you got it dad," and then show him my muscles, as to let him know, I was on it. I remember watching my first plane take off at lindbergh field and I was hooked. The first time I got to fly an airplane to visit my grandparents in New Orleans, was National Airlines. They let me have cards and a pin for my shirt. The stewardess (now known as a flight attendant) thought I was so cute, she moved me up to first class. I got a cheeseburger, fries and a coke. Man, i was in 7th heaven, but i digress...

Noah and I boarded at 755. I popped two melatonin to help me sleep. We were served a quick dinner and then I watched "Ghosts of Girlfriends past", a very fitting movie for me since i have commitment issues. Before i knew it, I was out like a light, with neck pillow and blankie to keep me warm

Until next time...


Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)