Introspective song for the travelers

https://youtu.be/wRWfyA1WxbE


This is a great song if you travel on the road. Thanks Margaret

Been Too Long On The Road
By Bread

Always look so good on the outside
When you get to believing it's true,
Then you know that you're on your way
People tug on your shirt, say you're lucky
You've got everything you want, but you don't
yet you dare not say

Go downtown people running around
They climb slowly dragging you downtown,
Horns make a dent in your mind
Plush rooms make a blinding your eyes to see, blinding me
Light, lovely light, won't you shine in my window
Love, precious love, won't you fill every room
Been too long on the road

Maybe cynics veins are my life blood
Maybe biting the hand that I feed so I'll try
Try to understand what it is that devours your freedom
Makes you drop what you used to hold in your hands
All the things you planned

Go upstairs with a someone who says she cares
Like the devil she does what comes ever into your mind
Then gone, leaving you with the coldest room, the oldest gloom
Warm, won't you be, please be there in my winter
Love, precious love, won't you come full circle
Been too long on the road

How can I do this to myself?
Have I taken leave of my senses?
What kind of changes make a man
Want to tear down all his fences?
Oh, I'd like to know.
Home ever home, how could I ever doubt you
Love, precious love, how could I live without you
Been too long on the road

Comments

  1. I really like your writing style, great information, regards for posting : D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greeting from Canada! awesome blog here my friend. I hope you keep writing because it's nice to see refreshing styles such as yours

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your comment. I will review and add it to my blog comments shortly. Thank you so much for reading!

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)