throwing in the towel...

For years I have tried to stay up with the trends. I've friended on facebook, followed on twitter, Blogged on blogger and uploaded to youtube. I have tried to maintain a level of technological presence and be as up to date as possible. I have put my feelings and thoughts out there for all to see, but after today, I disappear.

I'm not going to disappear in the sense that I leave the planet or move or do something drastic, I am just exiting the social media scene. I was one of the biggest proponents of all of it from a marketing standpoint. You can reach hundreds, possibly even thousands of people because of all the connections you make. You never know who you are going to affect.

One of the main reasons for my participation was because of the potential for networking and work. I am sad to report that my personal experiment failed. After two ++ years on the social media scene, I can't make any association between my interactions and the acquisition of work.

Quite frankly, I lied to my fans and followers. I preached a message that I thought would possibly one day come true and the truth is, there is no fruit to be born from that tree. I am sure that some people get work from their art, photography or possible business to business, but I am not one of those persons.

It is with that conclusion that I will be throwing in the hat at midnight tonight. I am going to sever my connection to my digital world and start to live in the real world...with the people around me. I'm going to watch less news and instead of holding my head down, I will raise it to say hello to passers by in my life. I will engage in conversation in the people in my real life. I will start to try and be a human being again.

I will still use my blog as a place to post my journal entries and my poetry and rants (I paid for the domain for 10 years so I may as well use it), but the days of checking my facebook to see what everyone is doing, to check my twitter for some groundbreaking news, or to make a connection on linked in, are done. If you want to hire me, try using a phone. Remember that thing that allowed people to communicate for years and years before the internet :-).

Thank you all for being great followers and engaging. Good luck with all your endeavors and know that I am always here, just walking in the shadows if you ever want to talk over the phone or meet up for lunch.

May you have a blessed life and prosper.

Sincerely
Chad

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)