Alone




By definition it means:

Adjective:
Having no one else present; on ones own
Without others' help or participation; single-handed

Synonyms:
alone-single-lonely-lonesome-sole solitary

Often times, like today, I feel alone.  Thoughts of my mother and father crowd my already racing mind of thoughts and I begin feeling overwhelmed.  I start to have the thoughts that I need to be somewhere else, doing something "better" with my life.  I begin to feel that I am not doing "what" I am supposed to be doing.  It could be a combination of the weather, time of year, lack of consistent exercise and too much alcohol in the system.

In truth, nothing is different from yesterday.  I am still healthy, still breathing and still here, a feat that I don't take lightly or for granted.  I had a conversation with a friend yesterday about "why bad things happen to good people".  I feel in truth, that life is just life, without a guarantee of goodness or badness.  It is our perceptions that make us see things the way we do.  I know that friends of mine constantly struggle with the "Why am I not with anyone" syndrome, or the "when will i meet miss/mr right"  I humbly feel that, although that is a great thought to keep in your head, we are not promised anything of the sort.

We learn from our surroundings and see the movies with the overly emotional music and feel, "that will happen to me" or "that should happen to me".  In truth, those are inspired story tellers, who have created a mystical world of love and what it represents to them.  If we weren't inundated with constant stories of Cinderella visuals and love at first sight, we may simplify the loves in our lives.  Love may be as simple as the first cup of coffee in the morning, or going for a walk on misty morning with the birds chirping and the winds softly blowing through the trees, or it may be the simple act of getting out of bed.

Whatever your motivation is in life, keep that sacred.  Don't let the idealizations of society make your dreams feel any less grand.  Remind yourself that you are good with the good and you are one with the one.  We are all on this journey together and even though at times our mind makes us think we are alone, we are far from it.  We are more interconnected than we will ever realize and that the only way we will ever make it as a species is through collaboration.


Until next time...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your comment. I will review and add it to my blog comments shortly. Thank you so much for reading!

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)