Movie Review: IronMan 3



I have to say this was the least favorite of the Iron man series.  Coming off the avengers, which had me riveted to my seat, this lackluster performance on many levels, disappointed me.  Tony begins to realize he is human and needs to slow down (what 40 something doesn't).  There were gaps of time with sheer boredom and slow scenes that didn't help the cohesion of the movie.  I felt as if it were piecemeal-ed together.  Like they had a beginning and an end and said "what do we do with the middle?"

Guy Pearce and Robert Downey delivered good performances  however, I just had a hard time relating to this movie in any way.  Ben Kingsley delivered a very unique performance and I liked the role he was given.  He can convince anyone that the sky is falling or to just relax and have a beer.  I can say that for the first time, I didn't even relate with the super hero (a little bit, but not enough to care).  My problem is when i go pay $10 to see an action film, I expect great action, not all the time mind you, but lets say 60%.  With this film, I felt it was in the 40-60 percent.  I can also deal with less action if there is a deep seeded message that distracts me from the action and unfortunately, I didn't feel it in this film.

This is just an opinion and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.  I would say wait this one out.  Maybe put it on Netflix cue or rent it from red-box when it comes out, but don't rush out of your seats to see this one.  If you do see it and you disagree, please let me know.

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)