Bali the Beautiful - Part 2/Week 2

Words cannot describe how and what I am experiencing here. The beautiful souls I have met here are amazing.  I love learning about each person and having the opportunity to find out what drives them and why they decided to do the Yoga Teacher Training.  Some of us will move on to become yoga teachers and others will move forward to become teachers of life while others will have their passions fueled and move on to experience their greatness.

The Yoga per se is an art in patience for me as I am not used to silencing the mind and being present in stretching.  For those of you that are cyclists and dont stretch after each ride, you may understand.  For those of that stretch and do yoga, well then you probably can't relate.  I have learned much so far (1st week) from this class and I would HIGHLY reccommend if you are at a standstill point in your life and need to "figure it out" you need to think about coming to bali and experiencing this class.  It will give you a grounding that is well needed.

I am still marveling at the culture here and the fact that the people do so much with so little.  Things that we take for granted in the states are truly admired here in Bali.  Family, sunsets, smiling and being thankful.  The Balinese are thankful for everything in their life.  They are active participants in everything they do and not always observers (like I have been feeling for quite some time)

It is honestly like a dream here.  I try to rationalize why I came here.  Maybe its because I needed to focus on me maybe i needed a break or a change in perspective.  It has been a blessing.  The reality part of life is that all good things seem to come to an end. I am trying to prep myself for exit and grasp whats next.  Nothing is clear.  It is like I am in a constant fog and hoping for something to appear but have NO clue what that is.

I guess at some point I need to surrender to this whole process.  I just need to realize this whole thing is out of my control. Maybe its like the 12 steps of AA...truth is I just don't know.  The more my days pass, the less I know.  I have always enjoyed learning and for the first time...I am a blank canvas.  I don't know shit.  There is no ego there is no desire.

Had the opportunity to go to Kuta on friday night.  I let loose and danced and had fun.  I realized that I have to step into who I am and not wired for drinking.  That was a different life and a different person.

All in all it is beautiful here.  I will look into surfing soon.  I would highly recommend coming here and just forgetting about life for a while.  Yes there is wifi at all the restaurants and hotels, so you can stay connected to friends and family, but the majestic beauty and the grounded roots of the people here will help you forget about the hum drums of your daily life.

PS. this blog was exceptionally hard to write.  Nothing flowed.  I feel out of my element so I apologize for the lack of creativity or inspired writing.

Sunsets are kind of a big deal here.  Saturday night when we watched the sunset, there were lots of locals around the area.  It was a gorgeous sunset and nice to be in the moment.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)