Bali the Beautiful-Week 3

Self discovery and awareness abound this week.  This has been a week of introspective looks and acceptance.  I have realized that I am directionless.  I don't know where I want to go, what I want to do or if I have a passion, however the briliance in those statements is, its okay.  I don't always have to have the answer or to know.

Much like the emotions I have held on to for so long in regards to how I feel.  I am a good person, I am a bad person, I am happy, I am sad.  I am learning to understand that these emotions dont define me.  I resonate good, I resonate bad, Im feeling the sadness, I am feeling depressed, i sense the anger, however, these feelings do not make up who I am.  Concious awareness is the key to all emotion.  The first step in recognizing there is a problem is to admit that there is a problem.  I have attached who I am to how I am feeling then I spiral out of control in that feeling.  EG.  I am depressed.  I feel bad and unloved and that I am unworthy of anything good in life.  My life is worse off than those around me and I should have "my shit figured out by now"   I don't deserve to live, I am scum.  NOW: I feel sad.  I am consciously aware of that feeling, but I also know it will pass.  Its interesting how we become so charged by the feelings and associate our existence with them.  My reading yesterday was dealing with out lasting the fog.  We all have our fog's in life.  The importance is noticing that fog, not associating that fog with our self being or existence.

Alot of times we see a beautiful flower, and it no longer resonates with our heart, or we watch a sunrise and it no longer stirs us.  Sometimes we sit across from someone we are fond of and no longer have that spark.  Recognize your fog, but don't associate with it. This is the key to being.  You are not your job, you are not your car, you are not your "things".  I posted this yesterday on my wall and hope you can appreciate it.

"Your purpose is not what you do to bring home a paycheck.  Your purpose is what you were put her on earth to do with such intensity and passion that it becomes your calling"

May you find your calling and enjoying the ride even through the fog.   I have included a fantastic video that my good friend Robert aka my friend and therapist sent to me via email yesterday.  Please watch when you have an hour of undistracted time.  It is fantastic and simple:  Be Your Own Therapist



I hope you have an amazing day of discovery.  I love you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my blog.  Please share below if you found value in it :-)

Namaste.

PS. More pictures to follow.  I will post them on my google plus page if you are interested.

 

Comments

  1. Hi Chad, great to hear your recognizing good changes and working through the less desirable ones. Two weeks ago I was riding my bike and
    hit a car that suddenly made an illegal uTurn in front of me. No broken bones but severe nerve damage, soft tissue damage and inflamation. Unable to work because of all this so I am doing lots of deep thinking as well. ;-)
    survived the accident ALIVE...... now I must drop the "A" and LIVE again.

    Happy journeys, I look forward to more photos.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Profound, Chad, excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your comment. I will review and add it to my blog comments shortly. Thank you so much for reading!

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)