Keep the door open

So yesterday I decided to come back to LA as I needed to sign a card for a very good friend Erik.  He just finished his last treatment of chemo therapy and it is his birthday soon.  In the process of coming back I decided to go to a Starbucks in Malibu I just wasn't sure which one.

I ended up at the one on 30765 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA 90265 and I am very thankful I did.  After
ordering my vanilla roibos tea, I sat down and started working on my blog (I am coming back to blogger
after 3 years of being on WordPress)  After getting everything converted and set up, a very nice
man said, "You plug is about to fall out of the socket".  I thanked him and then plugged in my 
protector and started talking to an extremely nice guy by the name of Nelson.  He had kind eyes and a 
very pleasant demeanor about him and was very talkative.

He shared with me his passion for art, music and writing off the bat.  We began sharing ideas
of life and our passions of photography and spoken work.  The more I talked to Nelson, the 
more I became pulled in to this amazing humans story.  Some of the things he told me were that he
was in the Vietnam war, Had a large piece of land in Washington state, and his lovely wife and
soul mate, died of metastatic breast cancer.  

As I sat there, I marveled at how the universe brought us together.  I could have gone to any 
other Starbucks but was drawn to this one.  He shared with me some of his poetry and art and 
I knew without a shadow of doubt that I was exactly where I am supposed to be within the
Universe :-)



This was a picture I took of Nelson. He was sharing his macbook g4 with me so that I could read
some of his poetry.  We exchanged business cards and I ended the day with a huge hug.  I am
a strong believer that we don't hug enough. About 20 minutes after leaving the starbucks, I
got the nicest email from him saying what a pleasure it was to meet me and that the universe
conspired for us to meet.

Here is a piece of art he shared with me.
My title of this blog is "Keep the door open" and the reason being is that when you say no
or shut yourself out of potential opportunities...you miss a lot of the "real world".  Start saying
yes to things. Keep the door open and allow yourself to connect with the brilliant, the perfect
and the wonderful in this world.  

Reach out to Nelson.  He is an amazing man with an amazing story.  I am so thankful to have made
another friend and thankful for the Universes incredible guidance.

Here are some links to my new friend Nelson:

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)