The day that I knew was coming

It happens to all of us.  We know a certain day will happen but we continually put it off.  We say in our head, "it won't happen", or "its a long way off".  Well the day came this week and although I am surprised, it was a great soft set down for me.  The event I am talking about is my dentist, Dr. Jeffrey Greenberg, decided to retire and turn his practice over.

It was funny because I had a small idea that this was going to be the year when I drove down for my last appointment.  I had that sneaking suspicion in my heart that he was going to tell me this year, I just wasnt' sure when.  Thats part of what being an empath is.  I was blessed to have an amazing visit with the Dr and my dental hygenist, Priscilla earlier this year.

I got the call on Thursday and didn't recognize the number.  I let it go to voicemail.  I listened to the message and it was awesome.  Dr Greenberg said  that he wanted me to hear it first before social media and other outlets that it was time to retire.

Dr Greenberg has been in practice for 35 years and has served me as my dentist for the past 13.  I came to Caliornia without a dime in my pocket after a nasty divorce.  I was bitter about everything, including seeing a dentist to get my teeth cleaned. I had been told by a number of Dentists across this great country that "I have horrible teeth" and that I was going to "need a lot of work".  I knew it was time to get a check up and see a dentist.  I picked up a phonebook (yes a phonebook) and looked up a dentist that was close to me.  I needed something within a bike ride of my house as I couldn't afford a car after my divorce.  I stumbled upon Dr. Greenbergs number and picked up the phone and called (yes called...i know that sounds weird).

Dr. Greenbergs lovely wife Pam answered and said she had some available times.  I took one.  Upon arriving at the office on the day of my appointment, I was greeted by the biggest smile and friendly voice behind the counter. I knew it was Pam.  She had me fill out some forms and I told her I would be paying cash for services rendered.

I was introduced to Priscilla and taken back to what would be my dental chair for years.  Priscilla did an amazing job cleaning my teeth and told me that I needed to floss more.  Dr Greenberg came in and put his hand on my shoulder and said, "So nice to meet you.  We are so glad you are here.  I am going to take a look around in your mouth and see what I find"  After looking around and having Priscilla take some notes, He patted me on the shoulder and said, "Everything looks great.  There is some cosmetic things we may want to address on your time, but other than that, you have some of the best teeth I have ever seen in my practice".  He shook my hand and went on his way.

Priscilla finished up and handed me a bad with a new toothbrush, floss and toothpaste.  She walked me up to Pam, where I paid my bill and thanked them for the service.  13 years later, I still receive the same treatment on every visit. Customer service is key!  Caring for your patients and developing a passion for what you do shows in every day life.  So with that, I say Thank you Dr. Greenberg for your amazing service. I love you and Pam and Everyone at your practice.  I will continue to go to your practice even though I live in LA and you will no longer be there.  I wish you a fabulous retirement and look forward to taking you and Pam out for dinner in the future!

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)