Well let me start off by saying, do your homework. My trip to india started as a great idea. Upon speaking with cousin jake, he advised that a visa can be obtained upon arrival. He was partly correct.
You can apply for a TVOA or tourist visa on arrival, however, it is only good for 30 days. That would have been good to know $60 ago.
I just sent off the actual tourist visa to San francisco overnight this morning. The caveat: 3-5 days to process and my flight leaves on thursday night. Stress point #2, I have to decide tomorrow to change the ticket departure for a week later or chance it. Stress point #3: If I decide to change the ticket, I have to figure out where to come up with $400 ( or if i even can).
I have to let go of the outcome, whatever that may be. It has been a problem my whole life. I attach to outcomes, rather than just let stuff go. I go to "worst case scenario" with everything in my life. There is no "happy place" as I like to put it. Oh well shit happens. My poor planning is my own fault.
Plan B? There is no plan b. I don't think the ticket is worth anything. I have to see if I cancel all together if I have a cash value on the ticket. I turn in the BMW, throw on the backpack and start hiking north. I will keep going till I hit canada, then walk east. Forest Gump-ish. I know its weak,but its the best I got for now. Maybe the Pacific Coast Trail?
|Yikes...this is a bad ass|