Impatience

This is the word for the year.  I have seen this over the past 2 years creep up like a cat getting ready to attack a toy mouse, or a feather.  My observation of people, family and friends have yielded the same response.  We are a bunch of impatient fucks.

I saw someone get angry in a starbucks because their order was wrong.  They had to make a big deal to the barista that "their time is money" as if they are the most important thing in the world.  I had a friend, and myself included, get pissed off because the internet was taking to long to load, or because the computer was taking so long to respond.  I have also seen it from the other side, meaning the employee that is rushing to make an order because of an impatient customer.

My advise to everyone, especially in this turbulent election year.  Slow your fucking roll.  Not just now, but forever.  Stop expecting instant results and stop being so damned impatient. If your search isn't coming up on the web, refine your search, double check your work, make sure you are typing correctly and not in a fervent rush.  When you place your order, notice if the place is busy, and if so, take a breath and remind yourself that ordering food of any kind is a fucking luxury, a privilege, not a right! If you are in line at the grocery and thee lines are too long, breath and be thankful you have groceries stores.  The world is here for you but doesn't revolve around you.

Learn to appreciate moments and stop being in such a fucking rush for everything.  We live in the "NOW" generation and think if the world doesn't change immediately, then we must raise our voices to make it faster, better, quicker and that just isn't the case.  The first 1/2 of my college career was done with hard work, library research and ZERO internet.  I didn't die because I didn't have internet, you won't die because your answer was not instant, or your order was not now.  Take a step back...the truth is, you are the problem, and the solution.

I'm in disarray of a Donald Trump presidency, but we won't see the actual results for a number of years. Does it suck...absolutely, but there is NOTHING we can do about it.  He was elected by the electoral college and without going off on a tangent, we are stuck with him and we need to increase our patience.  Learn to meditate, get out and exercise and if you are getting frustrated....take a step back because, myself and this country, don't have time for your impatience.

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)