Feels like a throat punch to my heart

So, I thought today was going to be just another Sunday of lounging around and netflixing.  I don't think I have ever been so wrong in my life.  To start with, Facebook reminded me of my memories.  I happened to click on a friends link and decided to follow another link to my very first girlfriends sisters page.  Its random how I got there, but I blame facebook.

To my shock, I saw that her sister had passed on the 22nd of November.  I was shocked because I knew that she wasn't that old.  I reached out to an old mutual acquaintance and found out it was pretty sudden and unexpected.  That had me in some kinda mood.  Because of that, I began to text and email friends and check in and make sure then were okay.

I got a text message from a close colleague I used to work with at a previous job.

Beck: "whats shakin CB"
Me: "Not much just wanted to say hello.  Had a wake up call today.  Found out first girlfriends sister just passed away.  So sad...she was young"
Beck: "Its amazing how it puts things into perspective huh?  Kind of like Fleeger"
Me: Wait what..is he okay?"
Beck: He passed away at the end of November.  I thought you knew"

We continued our conversation.  I shared some photos with her about a trip we had done together in cabo.




































I added most all of the photos that I had of Jeff.  What can I say about this guy.  We didn't see each other that much, but when we did, he always made me laugh and in some way, he always tried to help if I was down.  Of all the cats I worked with and for, Jeff Fleeger was grade a number 1.  He was funny quirky and lived as most of us only dreamed to.  He was a friend and a good guy.  I remember when my fiance Fatima and I moved to Florida and how be bent over backwards to welcome us and show us around.  He only had a mean word to say about the assholes in the world and for the most part I agreed with him.

When I saw this video, i lost my shit.  I don't know that I will be the same, but if Jeff made me do anything to stop feeling sorry for myself, this video surely did that. I would like to give a special thanks to Gregg King for putting this together---absolutely brilliant

Link to video (video embedded below)



I love you Jeff where ever you are. You made my journey into the TD world a little easier with that first trip to the bahamas in 2001. The laughs, the talks, the beers and the smiles .  I hope to see you again...

Chad...

Until next time😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your comment. I will review and add it to my blog comments shortly. Thank you so much for reading!

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)