Asking for Help...

"Perhaps the shortest and most powerful prayer in the human language is help - Father Thomas Keating


So often in our lives, we need it but don't ask for it.  We wait for the outside world to notice the manifestation of stress and worry before we reveal that we are in need.  Sometimes its not even about asking for help, but rather admitting that we have needs and that.

When we ask for help, we break down the wall that often exists between "us and them" or between "me and the world".  Often times, just asking for help, relieves us from the need and lifts the burden from our heart.  By admitting we are human in our walk, we free our spirit just by making the request.

I learned a long time ago about the power of asking.  Whenever, I was in financial trouble, I would never ask for help because I felt it would be a sign of weakness.  So often in my walk, my father, without even asking would send me a card, a word of encouragement or often times money, without me even asking.  He sensed my struggle and was able to read my needs.  The universe (your higher power) is the exact same way.

There is a fundamental law that exists and it is that the universe wants us to succeed in all things.  We have been programmed to believe differently.  We think the universe wants us to fail and in all actuality, it is only our minds that want us to fail.  The simplest thing to remember is is: ABR.  1.  Ask 2. Believe 3. Receive.  You don't have to ask for a thing a million times, just put the request out there to the universe or your higher power, whatever that may be.  Hold it in your heart that you have removed that burden from yourself and then begin to believe that what you have asked for  is going to be given to you (received). Once you have asked, all you have to do is believe.

One of the most painful things a person can do is admit to needing something/anything.  By admitting this we are exposing our vulnerabilities.  By admitting that we need help every so often, lets our soft side show.  Allow the universe, family and friends wrap around your pride and ask for help when you need it.  You will be amazed by the outcome.

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)