Mothers Day

First and foremost, to all the Mothers, Mommies, Moms  and soon to be's that read my blog, Happy Mothers day to you.  It always amazes me that we only take 1 day to really appreciate Mothers, when in actuality, it is a 365 day appreciation.  To me Mothers day is like confessional.  Its a day when all kids and husbands confess all that they haven't been able to do and appreciate "Moms" for all they do.  The reality is Mothers day, and Fathers day for that matter,  should be everyday.  I also don't want to get into the which is more important Mothers or Fathers because this is mothers day we will stick to the subject at hand :-)

So I lost my Mother almost 2 years ago to cancer and not a day goes by that I don't wish she was still here.  There is something about having a Moms perspective in life that seems to make things right.  Often times we don't want to hear it because it goes against what we think we know, or maybe it is because we let pride get in the way, but the deep truth is Mothers tend to give us a sense of direction, purpose and right our off kilted ship.  My Mother used to give me little nuggets of wisdom that still ring true

Mothers have a way of soothing what ails us.  The comfort of their touch on our forehead when we are not feeling well, that special meal that she would make for you that made you know that you were home and loved, or it could even be the way that she smiled or laughed at something you said or did.  There is no spot in the world that can be replaced by Mom.  She will always have that special place in our hearts.

So before I get lost in tangents and make this post a novel dedicated to Mothers everywhere, I just want to say thank you to all the Moms out there.  You are more appreciated than you will ever know in my book.  Mothers day shouldn't be just one day but 365.  For those of you that have lost mothers, I am right there with you and know the whole that can never be filled and will revisit her in my life, especially on this day , for the rest of my life.  For those of your whose Mom's are still in your life, truly give thanks to her for all she has done.  Get rid of any should've, could've and would'ves and make amends with the woman that gave you life. Every day with your Mom should be a gift, regardless of how much she supposedly harps on you or overloads you with her opinions.  She is just doing all that because truly inside, as a child, her child,  you are her gift and she loves you and always will.

Until next time...


Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)