So its hard to believe

I have only been here a little over a week and it feels like a year already.   The weather has been exemplary. I have really enjoyed my time here. I take it moment by moment without any sure plan of what will happen next. I have always believed that change is the only constant. This move has forced me to be more in the moment.

I love the family I am staying with. You really see how the family dynamic works and how crazy it can be being a parent. Hats off to my friend for running a family and a full time business.

I realized the other day that for the first time since getting my degree in Global Management, that I am truly using it. I am helping my friend revamp her website, re organizing documents and student manuals and helping her get sync'd and dialed in with technology so she can work smarter not harder. The good new is all her computers are Macs so its an easy transition for me.

I have been getting up every morning at 6am to go for my runs on the beach. The weather is very crisp and promotes running on the endless beaches of the gold coast. (I think you could easily run a marathon 1 way on the beach). I have been running with my trusty companion mojo. He loves to run and smell and pee on everything. Sometimes my run turns into long moments of mojo figuring out he doesn't want to sniff that spot anymore or there is nothing worth his time there.


The sunrises are amazing and vibrant. The people are friendly and consistent. I see the same people on the beach almost every morning. The nice thing is there aren't that many of them. They are incredibly friendly and always greet me with a smile. I love some of the cars here. I love that they actually drive original minis here.


As I ran today on the beach I realized that my footprints were right next to where the water was approaching the sand. I began to realize that we all leave footprints in life, whether for us or for others. I also realized as I came back from my run that the footprints, some of them, had washed away. This is very true of our lives. In the brief moments we are here, whether we know it or not, we will stamp our existence on those around us. Its very brief and this is why we need to be here now.  Try not to project your future or regret your past, rather just enjoy your footprints, wherever you may plant them. 

Until next time...

PS. I drove one of the kids to school to day. I keep putting on the winshield wipers when trying to make a turn. Don't get me started on roundabouts. Sh3sh. All I can say is -----Thank god for Google maps on my phone.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)