Thursday, May 13, 2004

Here again, a year later and no consistency.  I start my masters this weekend  and I am nervous as the fattened pig of spring.  I have been out of school for almost 10 years.  I am not sure what to expect.  I hope I can pull it off.  I am nervous about not working.  I gues that is just the norm for me.  I want to find a career but that seems near impossible in this day and age.  We have career expectancy of 1 to 3 years.  I am unsure of my own career path.  I chose computer information systems.  I am hoping technology is the field to stay in.  I have also planned to pursue real estate on the side.  I have that personality.  It seems as if I have been at the train station my whole life (or since the exit of college)

Losing my job with TravelTrust was a huge blow to my ego.  I am certain I wasn't supposed to stay there.  The travel industry is a dying bird.

Unemployment is 1600 per month which helps Fatima and I while I look for work.  I have an appointment with Enterprise on monday and I will have to decide if sales is the direction I want to go.  It seems like hard core sales.  I am not sure if that sits well with me.  Maybe now is the time to get into real estate?  Get my license?  More to think about. I feel it would be a good investment.  I am just not sure how much it would cost.  Who knows, commercial or personal????  I will talk to fatima about it and see what she says.

I want consistency in all that I do.  I want to start waking up at 5am and go for runs.  I want to work out in the evening.  People cant count on me to be consistent right now so I must create consistency.  I really want to get a house and start a family.  Thank god for John Gunter…he is having his second child at 40 and he is happy.  He will be 60 on the 20yr olds birthday.  He is persistent.  I respect him for that.  I am not going to panic about everything.  I seem to have a decent grasp on things.  I can just keep chugging along and hopefully learn more about me in the process.

I talk so much about living in fear and yet now that I am out of work, I am doing the same.  I need to remember there is a whole world out there that I haven't seen.

Until next time.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)