Lunch with Dave and Noah

So today I met with the usual cast of characters at Starbucks. We discussed the usual, love, life, love and the lack there of. When you really boil it down, there are lots of things you can discuss, like politics, the weather, your health, but it seems to come down to love and life. If you aren’t rich in both, it makes for a dull one or the other. I seem to think that a rich life is one that is littered with numerous friends and fantastic friendships and in those friendships becomes the objects of your affection, the object of your love.

I left at 10 and came to my home office and did some work regarding our business website and also looked into pricing out ziplock bags for our product to ship them with. I priced a few companies but realized i had requested the wrong sizes. The price seems right so we will look at increasing the bag size. I also responded to a few emails that I had been slacking on. I decided there was no better time than right now to get them out so i did. Sometimes we sit on things thinking they aren’t big things, but really in the grand scheme of things, they are all big. Not big enough to stress about, just big enough to be concerned with.

I left for lunch at 12:45 and met the boys at their work and we were off for lunch. Dave suggested “Flippin Pizza” just off of melrose south in vista/carlsbad. They have a cool deal, 2 slices of pizza and a drink for six bucks including tax. When you aren’t the wealthiest man in babylon, you have to choose your meals wisely. This was perfect and the food wasn’t too much or not enough, it was just right. It has a great ambiance and comfortable seats. The guys working there were super friendly and had our order out in a jiffy.

After we scarfed our grindage, Dave, Noah and I proceeded to talk about Life, Love and politics (and the environment too). Seems we all agree that life is short, we should do what we can to preserve our resources and look for new energy sources as well and that family is a good thing. I realized sitting there, talking with these two guys, that life is a ride that we must learn to enjoy and that the friendships we have, no matter how long our visits are, how frequent we see each other, and the quality of the discussions we maintain, we have to cherish the moments. Even though the hour flew by quickly, it was so great to hang out with these guys. They are truly my friends, and I am blessed and honored to have them in my life.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)