to really see a sunset


“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”

Rabindranath Tagore




Many people take sunsets for granted. Sometimes those of us that live near the water are the same way. Because we live on the coast we say “I see sunset’s all the time...” The question becomes do you really see the sunset. Are you just going through the motion of a sunset to say that you have seen one, or do you envelope yourself in the moment? Do you feel the energy vibrating around you as the sun sets for another day? Do you breath in the colors that reflect on to your eye? Have you truly appreciated a sunset?

I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it yesterday. I went to the gym, sent off some proposals, filled out some expense reports and was rushing. I felt, as i do everyday, when i have the opportunity to check out a sunset, that it is a religious experience. It is as if it may be the last sunset I ever see. I soak up every moment and embellish it. It is truly an experience which i believe should be done often or as often as possible much like eating dinner or having breakfast.

I am blessed for the opportunity of being able to see such amazing sunsets. I never take them for granted and really live in the moment of a sunset. I remember as a child playing on this same beach thinking, “wow this is cool seeing this sunset”, but never really living in the moment of it. How could I, I was young and had no concept of time. My concept of time is here and now. Live in love and give thanks daily for the amazing people that have come into your lives and never take them for granted. If you haven’t picked up the phone and called that person in a while, put your pride in your back pocket and call them. Life is too short to hate and have hatred in your heart.

Until next time....

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)