So it was a hellacious week, but i am here...

Being a business owner can be a good thing or a tumultuous ordeal when you have tough clients. This week proved to be the bane of my existence having to deal with challanging network and phone issues to clients who sometimes cant accept change. Bottom line: I got through it. I always have and I always will.

This leads me to my next point. Last week I was in starbucks reading the coast news and having a cup of Joe. I read an article by Bob Nanninga that was very good, but wreaked of something that ails the current country today and that is the inability to see good, regardless of surroundings. Pragmatic realism is the term i believe. Anyway, i responded to Bob in a very respectful and tasteful manner. I wasn't really thinking anything of it and wouldn't you know, he responded this week to my comment on his commentary.

It was the week of December 26th on his article titled "All bad things must come to an end"

http://thecoastnews.com/pages/full_story?article-All-bad-things-must-come-to-an-end%20=&page_label=observations&id=1022371-All-bad-things-must-come-to-an-end&widget=push&instance=secondary_stories_left_column&open=&

Take a read.

Here is what i wrote.
"Bob

Must say I have enjoyed your column over the years. Although I am not a die hard fan, I happened to read this week and really liked it

I must comment on your lack of optimism for 2009. I am not sure if you are referring to yourself or the entire country. I believe that 09 will be no differerent than 07 or 08. Yes our situation is different and we are in a downward cycle in the economy. I feel it's our attitudes that will provide us the hope we need to get through this challanging year. That is what we Americans, we californians, we individuals do. We persevere and it's what makes us who we are.

If there is one thing that can be learned from the movie "Milk", is that you have to give the people hope. Doom and gloom was 10 to 20 years ago. Your article nailed great points about the disastrous administration that reigned last 8 years and the challanges for Obama, but it is our attitude that will get us out of our situation--- or at least it's a start

Great opinion and great article. You are a fantastic writer



if you can't open it, i will get you a link to the pdf so you can download it.

Anyway, Bob is a great writer and he is passionate about what he writes about. I do sense someone who is a real pragmatist. Good for him. I respect his beliefs and I hope to have coffee with him someday.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)