Day 6-Montevideo, Uruguay

Woke up at 8am today and decided to go down and write in my journal and enjoy some coffee.  I at a great (free) breakfast with ham and cheese on break and some delicious fruit and some pineapple.  I wrote in my journal for a while and was joined by some other members of our group.  I sat with them and listed to all their stories and jokes.  I laughed and I live.

We decided to walk around town and go to the Ramblas to see the beaches in Montevideo.  We ended up going in side the "Mercado del Puerto" which was featured on "No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain".  We didn't eat because we were stuffed but there was so much food and such a great aroma coming from this place, that I wanted to devour the meats and have an ice cold beer to wash it down with, but I didn't.

We walked down the the Ramblas Francia, which turned into Rambla Bretana, and became Rambla Republica Argentina along the Rio de la Plata.  It was a long walk and the water was definitely murky.  It was pretty out, but not a lot of photographic moments.  At one point along the walk, we saw a dead seal on the beach.  Very sad.

After reaching the beaches, we were approached by the local authorities.  They wanted to see our pictures because they said they saw one of us taking pictures of the embassy.  I gladly showed them my photos, and Noah did the same.  They took my passport after showing me the military credentials and called in my information.  After they were satisfied, they asked us what we were doing in Uruguay and if we were enjoying ourselves.  We advised we were tourists and we really enjoyed Uruguay so far.  They wished us well and were on their way.

After our walk we returned to the hotel and watched FC International and Barcelona. The game went scoreless.  I started falling asleep on the couch and decided to head upstairs and take a nap before dinner.  I awoke to some John Cusack movie called "War, Inc."  It looked pretty funny and seemed to take a comical look at the current war that the US is in with Afghanistan.

We ended up going to dinner at a restaurant called "El Fogon".  It was a decent meal for me.  Much like chicken parmigiana and potatoes.  I washed it down with a beer and a shot of my best friend "Jack Daniels".  The Jack warmed me up on this chilly night.  From here we went to  the liquor store and got some beer and played drinking games until 11pm.






We ended up at the most happening place in Montevideo in Old Town at a place called "El Pony Pisador".  The first guy on stage was good, but his following act was much better.  People would yell suggestions out and he would play them, asking for many of the ladies to start the song off with him.  It was very festive and you could feel the heart of Uruguay passing through his music as you started to shake your hips and dance to the motion of the drums and guitar.

We danced and listened to music until 2 am.  It was fantastic and great to be around all this amazing energy.  It is much of what life is supposed to be like, love, life, laughter and fun.  Although this is our last night in the wonderful city, it will never be forgotten.






Until next time.

Comments

  1. Hey there, You've done a fantastic job with this post. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend this article to my friends. I am sure they'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I found what I was looking for. Do you mind if I post this on my website and give you credit? If not, it’s ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your comment. I will review and add it to my blog comments shortly. Thank you so much for reading!

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)