Colorado River

Well, I just got home from my trip to the Colorado River with my friend Noah. Man did we have a great time.

I got the call as I landed in Phoenix on my way home from Fort Lauderdale. Noah said, "Hey man, do you want to go to the river this weekend?" All I could think of was, "no" because I was slightly tired and thinking I probably wanted to chill at home. I said, "Yes...that sounds good"

Well i woke up at 11:30 on Saturday and got the call from Noah at 2pm, after I had been out running some errands. He said he was on his way down to my place and that we would head out from there. We hit the road at about 3 pm and drove through great weather into super hot desert country. We arrived at the campsite at 8pm high as a kite from gas fumes. We had to fill up some gas tanks for gas for the jetskis and boats at the exit we turned off on, from there it was an 18 mile drive down a dirt road to get to the campsite.

After arriving we set up camp and proceeded to sit around the campfire. We told stories, heard stories and finally laughed until we were too tired to do so. We fell asleep at 11 and I can't sleep that well in 98 degree weather. It did chill down a bit at 3am at which time, i jumped into the sleeping bag. I was awakened at 6am by a persistent bird in the tree directly above our tent that was trying to tell everyone to get up because it was going to be a beautiful day.

I woke up, washed my face and ate 2 strawberry flavored pop tarts (cause that is what you eat when you don't cook in the morning). I decided to walk around the campsite and shoot some photos. I got some decent shots of the area and the river. I tell you that it is very amazing to watch a sunrise as well as a sunset. Both of which blow me away on a daily basis. After walking around and getting familiar with everything, I went back to the site and heard that people were waking up. We then proceeded to load the boat and take everything up river to our campsite.

After setting up, me and Noah took the kayaks to dead lake. There were a ton of dead trees in the area. it was cool to kayak through there. We had fun and just enjoyed the ride. After that, Blayne, my old boss and Noah's current boss, took us out in the boat for some wake board action. Noah did great and another kid with our group was tearin it up. I decided to go water skiing. I haven't been since i was 15. Noah took a few pics of me. We had fun and were exhausted after a few pulls. I was going to try to get up on one ski, but my arms were spent.

We then went back to our camp and proceeded to break down. We loaded everything up and ten of us decided to float back to camp. It was so much fun and took us an hour or so to get back. That night at camp we had BOMB hamburgers for dinner with fresh guac, onions and crispy bacon. Shizzle good.

The next day was lazy day, we finished up everything, broke down camp and played on the river a bit. Noah and i left at about 2 and then i took him to Cracker Barrel. He loved it, great eats. We drove back in the desert heat and enjoyed the sun. It is always nice to come home and hangin with my bud noah was awesome. I have the best friends in the world.

Enjoy
Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)