Dinner for 1-at Dennys?

So last night i was hungry as i am about 99 percent of the time. I decided to go to my usual hangout, which is dennys. I have been going to dennys in general since i was a junior in college. Not the best food in the world, but it is consistent and i sometimes like that consistency.

So i was greeted by my favorite server, Tony. He is a very nice hispanic man and hasn't completely disolved his accent from Mexico City. I ordered my usual, coffee and some edible fried foods. I am not a big fried food guy, but sometimes the body just craves it so I decided to get the sampler. It worked.

As i was eating, it dawned on me that I did not know anything about Tony. So I started up a conversation with him. It turns out that his father was very involved with the white house as his father was a general in the mexican army. He lived in DC shortly and moved to Mexico city where he spend the remainder of his days, until 5 years ago. He came to San Diego to visit a friend and decided to stay. He began working at the Dennys on Bonita Road and that is where he met his wife. He is now the proud father of two. A 6 month old little girl and a 2 year old girl. They are both stunningly beautiful. He keeps a picture of them in his server wallet. He shared with me a brief picture of his life and for that I am glad. He got busy and began to help other tables.

As I sat there, finishing a few cups of coffee, i realized once again, how great this nation is that we live in. The people are great, the opportunities are amazing and if you put yourself out there, you can connect with some of this planets finest humans. I can say once again that I am blessed. I met another human on the journey of life and i appreciate his journey.

I came home and watched some of the "wedding singer" and fell asleep. Today was a great day.

Until next time

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)