Skip to main content

the insanity of what we do...

Okay so i haven't written in a month...shoot me.  I try to write when i have time, and lately I have had minimal amounts of that.

 

We successfully launched TruBluecom.com this week and have gotten some good response.  People seem to like the website and we will make changes as we see fit.  I am extremely excited about the website and hope to get more business as the weeks go along.

 

I am actually working in Anaheim this week.  The title of my post is a representation of what we do as Travel directors.  We travel all over the globe to help set up events in a timely and organized fashion.  the funny thing is that most of us aren't timely and organized.  We are dis-sheveled and crazy people.  I will say I work with some of the funniest people in history.  One of my co workers and business associates that i just worked with in vegas had me laughing so hard that several people stopped to ask if i was alright because i was crying so hard.  Have you ever laughed so hard you have cried. Try doing it for 4 days straight.  Actually it was more like 8 days...

 

One guy i am working with now is completely random and comes up with some of the funniest one-liners ever.  That compiled with the fact that we see things that the normal 9 to 5er may not.  People eating food off our buffets, unable to find their hotel rooms or meeting rooms, being completely intoxicated beyond recognition, hooking up within the company, questionable ethical practices, and much, much more.

 

Sometimes we show up on site and it is mad chaos and other times it is organized illusion.   I am happy to be working with this company.  We are working at the Anaheim Hilton, which is a familiar property, and we have a great staff.  I am looking forward to it.  I am working with one other staff and manning this hotel while many of the other td’s are at the Marriott.

Anyhow I am digressing.  I am back for a bit, slightly disconnected and looking to get back to blogging more.  I hope that i haven't bored anyone and if you feel like commenting on my blog...please do

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

So, I thought today was going to be just another Sunday of lounging around and netflixing.  I don't think I have ever been so wrong in my life.  To start with, Facebook reminded me of my memories.  I happened to click on a friends link and decided to follow another link to my very first girlfriends sisters page.  Its random how I got there, but I blame facebook.

To my shock, I saw that her sister had passed on the 22nd of November.  I was shocked because I knew that she wasn't that old.  I reached out to an old mutual acquaintance and found out it was pretty sudden and unexpected.  That had me in some kinda mood.  Because of that, I began to text and email friends and check in and make sure then were okay.

I got a text message from a close colleague I used to work with at a previous job.

Beck: "whats shakin CB"
Me: "Not much just wanted to say hello.  Had a wake up call today.  Found out first girlfriends sister just passed away.  So sad...she was young"
B…

Just a friendly update on me :-)

Hey everyone

Just wanted to give an update. You may remember that I said I was going to be coming back to California, well it is official.  I am heading down May 1. I will most likely take the train and stop in Napa to visit my cousin Stephen Bordes at his winery for a day or two.  From there, I will catch a train to San diego.

I am currently looking for work and open to any positions that may be available, I just ask that you don't hold it against me because I have a masters degree.  I have seen many companies shy away from hiring me because I have a Masters Degree.  I am honestly looking to get off my feet and find a base of operation. My home is California and I know that now.  I am native and the air, soil and water are in my bones.

I am looking to establish which means I will need to find a place to live (that I pay for monthly), maybe even get a car (down the road) for now I know that I will have to use the bus and I am okay with that. I am nervous as hell about this move …

Movie Review: The Family Fang- 4.5 out of 5 stars

Narrator:  Imagine your dead. Feel yourself go numb. Start with your fingers, move to your hands, your wrists, right on up to your elbows. Everything is dead. If we can imagine our own death, but still manage to come back to life, then it proves we can survive, anything.

Baxter Fang: Don't be afraid. Own the moment. If you're in control then the chaos will happen around you and not to you.

This was one of the best and possibly overlooked movies of 2015 (which is why I am just now reviewing it in 2016) in my humbled opinion.  Jason Bateman is not only an incredible actor, but an extremely talented director.  I was never a fan of arrested development (probably because I never watched it).  However, after seeing Bad Words and now The Family Fang, I have a whole new respect for Jason Bateman

The story line:Annie and Baxter, the adult children of the controversial husband and wife conceptual performance art couple famous for their quirky macabre public performances, have never got ove…