Random meetings

So I headed home from Vegas today and was flying United. I normally fly southwest out of san diego as there is not connection, but this time I wanted to fly out of carlsbad. My flight from Vegas was on time and I was thinking it was going to be a quiet flight to LA. I couldn't have been more incorrect. Two girls that had missed their earlier flight and had been drinking at the bar were lucky enough to sit next to me.

At first, i thought to myself, "these girls are train wrecks" I decided to allow myself to have fun with the whole thing and got to know the two girls. They were extremely funny, extremely abrasive and very much like me. Emma and Lynn were awesome travel companions.

They were both tipsy and very funny. They proceeded to tell me all about their week. They both work for a large software company and were helping put on an event in vegas this week, as they do every year. Emma proceeded to tell me about "5 hour energy" and how it is basically legal cocaine. She shared with me about her diet over the week and explained that 70 percent of her consumables were this new found concoction.

After the seatbelt light went off, Emma decided that she really needed to go to the bathroom. Apparently, the sound the plane makes when the seatbelt sign goes off, makes others have to go pee as well. I told Emma that she needed to get up and get in line as to not lose her place. She agreed and stood in line.

Immediately after that, Lynn decided she needed to go to as well. The dilemma arose when it was also drink time. Lynn came back and informed me, Emma and the flight attendant that she was in need of a Miller light.

The beers came and they ordered one for me and since I am not a party pooper, I decided to join them. Emma's beer was not as cooperative as mine and Lynn's. When emma openend it, it exploded and she didn't have a napkin to keep the beer from dripping on her laptop below. She used her hands as a dam to keep the beer from dripping. Her beer was also frozen solid so there was a challenge consuming it.

We soon landed and de boarded the plane. I decided to be a nice guy and walk them to their next terminal, however to my surprise, their gate was the one we now exited from. As luck would have it, there was a Karl Strauss across from their gate. We proceeded to go there and chat up things about life. Emma is 26 and Lynn is 30 and both have amazing outlooks on life. We chatted for an hour and then I kindly reminded them they need to board their plane else face the risk of staying in LA for the night.

They were heading back to Dulles and I informed them that I was leaving to Virginia on Monday. Lynn gave me her business cards and asked me to call when I got there. She wanted to go out for dinner and so I said I would call when I arrived.

Had I not been open to these two girls, I may never have found them or had conversation with them. I am glad the universe connected us and if nothing else, We will become great friends.

Until next time

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)