Gogol Bordello


Okay so it has been way too long since i have blogged. Somebody flog me. Beat me into submission or just kiss me for god's sake.

So i went to the most amazing, full energy, artistic, creative and mystifying event ever. It was a Gogol Bordello concert and I love this band. My friend Sarah made the suggestion and picked out the tickets. My friend dave and his wife Tiff, Sarah and I made the trek by foot down to the HOB.

Along the way, dave and i thought we were going to be fighting with a homeless man who wouldn't leave us alone. He was following us and mouthing off something. Dave and I started to check ourselves and move the girls forward to make sure they were out of harms way and then he finally stopped.

We saw some other guys going the opposite direction and were going to warn them, but they ended up moving in and we didn't see what happened, because we had to get down to dinner and see the show.

We ate dinner at the HOB and the food from my stand point (being an event planner), was okay. I ordered a burger and for the most part it was juicy. Fries were okay, nothing fantastic, however, i am a critic so fries have to be pretty damn good.

After dinner we made our way to the front of the line because we ate dinner there. Once getting through the doors, we made our way downstairs to get as close to the stage as possible without getting in the mosh.

The band came on and many people started making their way to the stage. Can't remember the first song, but it was a crowd mover. The second song was "wonderlust king" That song pumped everyone up. They play it a good bit on fm949 here in san diego.

For the next hour and 1/2 they played their gypsy punk songs and the people of san diego, the loyal fans of gogol bordello, responded by dancing, chanting and singing in a very loud manner. I was sweaty, sarah was drenched and dave and tiff were hot.

I can't remember being that active during any concert in my life, so this was a new experience. Gogol Bordello is a new experience and if you haven't checked them out, i highly recommend that you do so. The songs are uplifting, funny and somewhat motivational, but more so, they will make you feel.

Buy their album "Super Taranta" and see for yourself.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)