It is what it is...

If life were always easy, would there be merit?  Sure it would be nice to always have money in the bank, a sunshine personality, and no backstabbing friends, but the truth is, we were never guaranteed any of that. When something goes your way, it is enjoyable and fulfilling and gives you a sense of understanding and appreciation.  The difficult times, judge your character.  Its easy to run away from conflict, heartache and strife, but what benefit do you get?

Not every situation in your life is going to "come up roses".  My own struggle with my Mom's cancer has lead me through every emotion known to mankind.  I have experienced joy, anger, sadness, despair, lonliness and depression, to name a few.  In truth, there are times I just want to run away, but in reality, I know exactly why I am where I am.  Whether its to be by moms side for a few moments and tell her I love her while she sleeps, or to hold her hand for an hour while she battles the intense pain in her mouth, it's where I need to be.

Often times I am hard on myself and feel like I should be staying at the hospital 24 hours a day in hopes of a miraculous recovery.  The voice in my head becomes so loud that I have to silence it and remind it that I am human and have a life.  I need to take care of me and my obligations to family, friends and work.  One of my favorite sayings is, "It is what it is..." and I say it often and remind myself to breathe and be present in this moment.

Instead of being hard on yourself for the accomplishments you feel you haven't achieved, or for the goals you think your parents or friends want you to attain, try complimenting yourself on the road that you have just traveled down.  Look back in awe and wonder at both the trials and tribulations that you have experienced.  Then, lace up your shoes and get ready to move forward down the path with a sense of achievement.  You are a blessing and your purpose is now.

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)