Movie Review: Crazy Stupid Love

4 out of 5 stars


Synopsis: Cal Weaver played by Steve Carell is a 40 something guy with what seems to be a great life, wonderful wife, kids and great home.  Cal finds out that his wife, played by Julianne Moore is unhappy and wants a divorce and later confesses to sleeping with a co-worker.  Cal eventually meets up with a 30 something playboy played by Ryan Gosling, who teaches cal how to be a man again by introducing him to style, drinks and women.  Even though he has a new found life, he is lead by his heart to return to his wife.

Review:  True to form, I will keep this as brief as possible.  This is an all-star cast with names like Marissa, Steve and even Kevin Bacon, but what this movie has in characters it lacks in luster.  I humbly felt the movie droned on in the last hour and the director could have cut 30-45 minutes out to make it a bit more bearable.  I will admit that some of the twists were unexpected, but what was expected was the traditional Hollywood ending.  As I left the theatre, I shared with a friend that I wish they would start making movies more true to life that make people think that it doesn't always end in a fairytale.  There are definitely some great moments in this film that will make you laugh uncontrollably as well as some uncomfortable scenes that leave you wanting to laugh but looking around to see if others are laughing with you.  I would save this movie for a rainy afternoon on DVD when you are needing a great laugh and don't feel like getting out of bed or off the couch.

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)