If I were to leave today, what would I remember before I left.

I woke up at 3:12 this morning without the help of my alarm. It is this strange habit I have developed over the years to wake up way before my alarm goes off.  I don't know if it is a blessing or a curse, but somehow it enables me to never miss a flight.  I wake up pretty quickly.  I am not one to lolly gag in bed or procrastinate and hit the snooze button.  I normally jump out of bed and before the delirium hits me, I say, "today is going to be a great day, thank you for letting me breathe it in"

I showered, shaved and brushed the fangs, gelled the hair and made sure the manscape still looked good.  I proceeded to put on some underwear, pants, shirt, socks and shoes.  I said a little prayer for my mother that she may have a day with no, or minimal pain and that she may get the rest she needs.  I prayed that uncle Don would have a great day and maybe get in some putts in the afternoon.

I proceeded to finish up the packing and made sure to do a mental check, camera(s): check, socks and underwear: check, toothbrush and deodorant: check, belt and cell phone charger: check.  "All is good", I said as I grabbed my bags, switched off my desk light and headed for the door.

As I stepped outside, I noticed the sounds of tranquility.  It was cool out, about 68 degrees with about 10% humidity.  I could hear crickets and the occasional owl as I loaded my car and shut the door. I sat outside my car with my eyes closed and just breathed in the cool air.  I let it fill my lungs and coarse through my veins.  It seemed like an eternity, but it was actually only about 2 minutes.

The drive to the Parking Spot, where I always park my car, was enjoyable as I put music on through Spotify, a new on demand music service.  I remember saying to myself as Jimmy buffetts Boats, beaches, bars and ballads came on, that it would be the one album I think I could listen to over and over again if I were stranded on a deserted island.

When arriving at the parking spot, I parked in a spot that was a good year for me. As I made my way down to the shuttle, I was the last passenger on and sat kind of in the jump seat.  I remember looking to the back of the bus and saw 3 of the most beautiful red headed children that I have ever glanced upon.  The daughter in the middle beamed a smile to me that warmed every ounce of my being.  She radiated love and everyone on the bus was smiling and laughing and radiating with her.

I checked in quickly and the gate agent for Delta was friendly and very efficient.  Within 5 minutes I was headed to my gate. I stopped at McDonalds to get a cup of their coffee, which I must admit, I am a fan of.  The coffee was not too bold and the flavor soothed my palate.  I enjoyed the cup slowly as I composed my thoughts.  In all it has been a full day and it is only 5:55 am as I look at the clock.

So as you go out and make your day, take notice of the day.  Listen to the sounds and find the priority in your life. Smell the coffee, hear the birds or the stillness of the moment, and notice those around you.  All of these things are what make your day what it turns out to be.

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)