Blogher 2011: Event and Post-Con

So I am wrapping up in San Diego today.  Heading home from a short, but long weekend in my all time favorite city.  I was blessed to be able to work an amazing conference this weekend, BlogHer 2011.  I had the opportunity to meet some amazing people, Work with some amazing ladies, and feel what it was like to be part of a conference, not just working it.

Many times I work an event and for business sake, it is I am the worker bee and attendees are gods.  On this particular conference, however, it was hard to tell who was worker bee and who was a blogger.  For the most part everyone in attendance has a blog that they actively contribute to.  I worked along side of women who were moms and bloggers and workers at BlogHer.

The events were fun and themed, and sponsored.  This year there were over 100 sponsors of this event and the trade show, which in my experience dies down around day two, was hustling and bustling all the way until the expo floor shut down.  The attendees were so exceptionally nice and always always always had a smile on their face.  That is a rarity i hardly ever see in the San Fernando Valley.

As we wrapped up the Ford Lunch yesterday, I went to my room and put on my Google + shirt.  It was the only piece of schwag I got from the conference, but I love it.  Its a good color and suits my needs (simple).  As I was wearing it through the hotel, I was questioned by dozens about google +, how it works, how its different that the other social networks out there and if I would be willing to do a talk on the subject.

I headed to the pool where I met my coworkers, team mates, moms and friends for a final toast.  A toast for all the hard work that we had put in over the past few days.  We said our goodbyes and made sure to exchange contact info.  As I was walking away, they all said, "Are you coming to New York for BlogHer 12?"  I replied, "I wouldn't miss it for the world"

Until next time...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your comment. I will review and add it to my blog comments shortly. Thank you so much for reading!

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)