1998-02-01-a year in the life

Its hard to fathom that a year has passed. Last year at this time, Johnny and I were on the road out here. Actually we left and stayed at our friends house in Alexandria. I am now engaged (yes engaged, happened on New Years Eve...i got down on 1 knee and asked Maryann to Marry me) and I am happy. I feel like I have come a long way. Time is one of those un-holdable commodoties. It is good be to able to look back at how far one has traveled.

I have been so stressed lately about money. Why? I think because of my old habits. Its kind of a defense mechanism maybe to help me cope (I am assuming). Like my dad said on the phone today, "People don't want to hear about all of your negative shit, they want to and need to hear the positive stuff that is going on in your
life..."

Maryann and I got taxes done today and hopefully we will be getting about 1500 back. This should help us get a small nest egg started.

Today was laid back. We went to southglenn mall. Maryann got her nails done and we picked up some food for Loki, her black lab. After taxes and nails done, Maryann fixed and incredible dinner. We watched a program on discovery about snakes. I love her so much. She is such a wonderful motivator. She helps me stay focused on the things that matter.

I enjoy waking up in the morning and kissing her and telling her that I love her.
"let each day be a lesson learned in the school of life and keep from planning on those bridges burned"

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)