Movie Review: Precious

4.5 out of 5

No, I am not talking about my cat, nor am I talking about the dog in Silence of the lambs. I am talking about the Oscar winning movie that just came out this year. I was hesitant to watch it and don't like films of such a heavy nature, however, much like Angela's Ashes, this movie proved to be well worth the hour and fourty five minutes it takes to view it.

My friend Noah and I went to my friend Anna's place last night, in our PJ's…mind you it was Anna's idea and we decided to dress the part. I am sure the people walking down the street thought we were a bit odd or extremely out of our element. Thank God Anna only lives about 2 minutes from our house so we didn't have to expose more people to our randomness. I laughed at Noah and said, "hey its kind of nice, at least when the movie is over, i don't have to spend as much time getting ready for bed". He laughed.

I wasn't sure what to expect and to my surprise, the movie turned out to be shocking and rewarding at the same time. The amount of drama and stress that Precious was subjected to, was, in my opinion, more than any person would be able to handle. At one point Myself, as well as my friends, let out some tears just hearing about all the things that this girl had to endure. The main reason that I found this to be very interesting is that because the lady who wrote the book, actually dealt with people like this when she was a teacher.

I would recommend renting the movie. Again, I am not a big fan of these types of movies, but I can say that in my humbled opinion, it will make you take a greater look at your life and realize that no matter how bad it is, that tomorrow is another day and you cannot, no matter who you are, predict your future, nor can you forecast your future based on past experience. All you have in this life is this moment and from this moment you can dream of the life you wish to achieve, whatever that may be.

After watching this movie, you will realize that your life is really amazing and that you are truly blessed. You will begin to take mental note of all the amazing people in your life. You will begin to realize that everything is possible if you have a dream and a desire. Some of you may decide to take a new career path, maybe you want to end a relationship that isn't going well, or maybe you will start a project that you have long been putting off. It made me realize that I have so much to offer and that maybe I will become a teacher in order to help kids begin to make a bright future for themselves, to offer them tons of encouragement and help them to believe that anything is possible.

I would say this is a very well done movie.

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)