Movie Review: Karate Kid 2010

4 out of 5 stars

Movie started off slow. At first I wasn't sure about Jaden Smith's character or his performance. It seemed a bit unrehearsed. After about 10 minutes, I began to believe his character. Not only did i begin to believe, but I bought in, hook line and sinker. Add to the mix, Jackie Chan, one of my all time favorite Kung Fu artists. This is also where the big distinction in the movie exists, the original was about karate, where as this movie dealt with kung fu.

The movie pulled me in emotionally on so many different levels. It also made me realize that I have only seen 1/10th or less of this great planet we live on. I think if you really watch this movie, not be overly critical, and be at the movie, you will get something out of it. It is definitely a darker setting, in my opinion, than the original karate kid. It also deals with more relevant topics such as acceptance, friendship and love.

If you have some time, check this one out. Again, it is a little harsher than the 1984 version, but I think the director was going for something different here. You can bring kids, but know that there is violence in this movie. Make sure you stick around for the after photos as the credits are rolling. There are some pretty fun ones as well as some really great artistic shots.

Until next time.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)