Movie Review: "Get Him To The Greek"

4 out of 5 stars

This was a very funny film. I am a big fan of Jonah Hill since his days with Adam Sandlers production company in "Grandma's Boy". He didn't really make his mark until SuperBad. There is just something very likable about this guy. He seems like the guy next door or the friend you had in High School. He makes fun at life and doesn't take things too seriously.

P-Diddy was funny in this movie, but I think he was cast outside the role of himself. I must admit that I am not a huge p-Diddy fan. Although he is an artist, he is not original. With that being said, he seemed like a crazy agent in this movie and compared to a Will Farrell on crack in this movie. Not bad but not great.

Russell Brand was good and this seemed like a logical "left off" point from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" He was funny, had some great one liners and was great comedy in this role. At some point and time in this film, you can relate to him in his current state in life. You have either been there or wished you were there. The reality is that the life of a rockstar is tumultuous.

In all it was a good movie. I love that Judd Apatow produced it and for the most part it had some great lines and was easy to follow. I only gave it 3.5 stars because the director had no place to go in the end. Its like he used up all the humor and said, "okay lets kick it into serious mode". The last 20 minutes of the film were uncomfortable to sit through. Much like that of the wake of an uncle passed that used to beat you with a belt buckle.

Wait til it comes on DVD and save your $12.50 for coffee with a friend.

Favorite quotes:

Sergio Roma: I'm mind-fucking you right now.
Aaron Green: Well I hope you're dick has a condom on, because I have a dirty mind.

Aldous Snow: What you did was very spiteful, but it was also very brave and very honest and I respect you for doing that. But the content of what you said has made me hate you. So there's a layer of respect, admittedly, for your truthfulness, but it's peppered with hate. Hateful respect.


Until next time

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)