Slightly cloudy Cannes

So today I decided to catch a train to Cannes. After learning how close the train station is, I decided to walk :-). The queue for the train was long and eventually I was able to talk to a person. She helped me get my ticket and told me the train departed at 1:30, but that she was not sure what track (voie) it would be departing from. I went to the reader board and saw that It was leaving from Voie 1 and that it was now 10 minutes late (retard). It actually ended up being 30 minutes late and so I just enjoyed a cliff mojo bar and listened to the people chat. I find it interesting that I cannot understand a thing they are saying, there is still beauty in it all.

The train ride was about an hour and we stopped at many amazing stops along the way, Cros-de Cagnes, Cagnes-sur-Mer and Antibes to name a few. Arriving in Cannes reminded me of the train station in Paris, not as big mind you, but busy, very busy. I found my way out of the station and began to explore the city. I found myself getting lost along the alleys and tiny walk ways. Cannes seems to be very touristy. There are lots of shops all around and great shopping deals. I haven't partaken of any of the great deals because, 1. I am broke and 2. Not big on the consumerism thing.

I found my way near the water and decided to take some photos of the scenery. It was overcast and not very sunny, but there were moments. The people seemed to be happy and there were as usual, several old men arguing about politics or women or the problem of the day. I noticed lots of dogs and babies on this particular day. Passerbys were cooing the cute little ones in their strollers. I stopped along the boardwalk and got a cafe au lait as I was starting to drag a bit. I sat down and actually enjoyed the little cup of goodness and just reveled in the moment.

I walked the length of the boardwalk and then decided to head back to the station to catch the 435 or 500 train. The walk back seemed quicker than the walk out and I got to the station early. I was able to get on the 4:35 and to my surprise it was pretty direct, with one stop in Antibes. I got back to Nice-Ville at 505 and slowly made my way back to the hostel. I went to Monaprix and got a towel and a water as I had forgotten to bring a towel (i haven't stayed in a hostel for 8 years so i forgot the rules)

When i arrived at the hostel, I found that I had two new roommates. Their accent sounded as if it was russian, but I am not good at judging. I ended up going to dinner with Mitch, whom I had met the day before, and two new people, Jorge from Spain and Viesha from Australia. We found a great little italian place in Old Nice and I enjoyed some fantastic gnocchi in gorgonzola and a Hieneken. After dinner we decided to walk back home and along the way we found and Irish pub. Our first shot was a tasty concoction that he made up and tasted like pepermint ice cream. I convinced our bartender to make my friends and I an Irish car bomb, which everyone seemed to love. Jorge had a hard time getting it down, but it was funny to watch his facial expression as he "almost" neared the end. We all laughed and then headed back to the hostel.



Nice Ville Train Station



Cannes Train station (upon exit)



Friday afternoon card game



Gentlemen selling his wares

PS. On the way back to the hostel we stopped by the park and there was a huge festival going on in the park. It was a funny montage of different comedy shows from along the world. It was odd and funny.

Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)