Day 5-Nashville, TN to Harrisonburg, VA

So today started off good. I woke up at 5:30 am and said goodbye to my great friend Ann and the two pups, Lizzy and Winston. FYI, Lizzy is the cutest thing I have ever seen. They all said goodbye and I hopped over to the nearest Waffled house to grab a cheese omelet with toast and coffee. Marlin and I were on the road by 6:30 at the latest.

I was going to try and drive the whole way to Reston but decided to stop about 2 hours out so that I could visit with my friend Chelsea, her husband, Nate and the two boys forrest and Cyrus. I picked Harrisonburg since they had a remodeled motel 6. Along the way, I stopped at a rest stop and played with Marlin. He needed the exercise and I pretty much wore him out.

We arrived safely at Harrisonburg and got checked in by the nicest lady on the face of the planet. She had been having a bad day but told me I was the sweetest person she had dealt with all day. That made me happy. Marlin and I ventured to Outback where I had an amazing potato soup with a house salad followed by an incredible pasta dish with shrimp. Great ending to a great day. Upon arriving back to the hotel, I caught up on emails and watched Marlin fall asleep


Until next time...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)