Movie Review: Four Christmases

3.5 out of 5 stars

So tonight noah and i did our usual friday night guy date night and went to see "Four Christmases" with Vince Vaughn, John Favreau, Tim McGraw, Dwight Yoakum and Reese Witherspoon to mention a few. This film was directed by Jon Favreau and he did a fantastic job of it.

The story is that this couple misses their flight to fiji and have to spend time with four members of the family, mom and dad on vince's side and mom and dad on Reese's side. I must say it was non stop laughter for me the entire film. Unlike some of my home town paper reviews, namely the San Diego Union Tribune, I would say this film was better than i expected. The UT bashed everything from Vince's height to Reese's "good girl" next door not being appealing enough. I have to differ drastically from that review. I have always said two things about a movie have to catch my attention. 1. I have to really like the characters 2. I have to feel a sense of connection with the characters. I felt both with the two leads in this movie. They were funny, likeable and possibly like the vast majority of the population right now...questioning if marriage is the "thing" for everyone.

Some of the humor was over used, but for the most part, the show kept me entertained for the duration. I think it is a cute film and for those of you that are single during the holidays and have family that drive you crazy, go see the film. If you are married and have crazy relatives or divorced families, go see the film.

My only negative critique of the movie was the idea that we walk into a house and see a child and decide that we have to have one of our own . I am not opposed to marriage or kids, but just once I would like to see a hollywood big hit stop pushing the fairytale and that marriage is the "end all be all"

As for Christy Lemire, the writer for the AP and SDUT, we all have our opinions and sometimes those opinions can be way off. From the reaction in the theatre, everyone was laughing and having fun because they could relate and who knows, maybe they even liked the characters.

Until next time....

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)