6 hours of sleep...

So it seems that I am different than the normal human. I only need 6 hours of sleep. I have no clue why that is. Last night i was in bed and out by 8:30 (I know...old man), but i was tired and ran around all day. I fell asleep while reading "Confederacy of Dunces". I didn't actually fall asleep, I was just getting groggy.

I remember getting a call at 8:40 and soon after that conversation, I was out like a light. I slept pleasantly, albeit with two kitties by my side...actually 1 in between my legs (precious) because that is where she always sleeps and tigher off to my left. I tend to always sleep on my back and occasionally on my side. Last night there was no movement, and it was straight back sleep all night.

Without a noise, without a peep, I woke up at 2:30 on the nose this morning. I wasn't tired and in calculating sleep time, i was true to my 6 hours. I tend to feel unrested and un accomplished when i sleep more than 6. I believe 5 to six is my personal best, meaning that is when i feel the most productive.

What does one learn at 3:00 am when most normal smart people are sleeping
1. 1/2 a box of granola tastes damn good drenched in whole fat milk
2. 2 and 1/2 men never really gets old...although, again i see alot of myself in Charlie
3. My cats are rambunctious little biyatches...well actually only 1, Precious---aka princess. (Why I didn't name her princess i will never know)
4. When 2 and 1/2 men is done, it can be a good transition into "How i met your mother"
5. My coffee sucks...its never as good as the au lait's i get elsewhere. I use the french press method and for some reason, it tastes grainy to me...maybe that is the way its supposed to taste...who knows.
6. Sometimes things look better on paper then they do in my head at 3:45 in the morning. Oh lets say accounting stuff. What i visualize in my bank account isn't what my accountant or my bank reflects
7. Thank God for accountants who make adjustments to all of my mistakes
8. Today is a new day and there are none like this day so i must take advantage of this one because i will have none other like it.

As the new year approaches ( i am sure I will be in bed early as the party gene has left me a long time ago...that is unless i get all hopped up on caffeine and make the cats stay awake and sing auld lang syne with me, hell then it will be a hoot although i don't think my cats can sing that well so that may be a moot point), I hope all of you have a safe prosperous and happy new year. If there is one thing I can wish for everyone is that they find that true happiness. Not the money, not the house, not the vacations but the happiness...that thing that makes you smile every morning, the thing that you give thanks for every morning. I don't wish for material things to make you happy, i truly hope you find the thing that makes you happy inside.

Wake up with an attitude of gratitude and keep that momentum rolling all day every day. Our days aren't getting any longer and our time here is but a briefly lit candle. Take appreciation of the small things and stop neglecting routine. there are good things that come from routine if you choose to see them. So may your new year be marked with Happiness, Love and new friendships.

Until next year...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)