The power of music...just be open

"Doubt startin' to creep in, everyday it's just so grey and black.

Hope, I just need a ray of that


'Cause no one sees my vision


When I play it for 'em, they just say it's wack.


But they don't know what dope is.


And I don't know if I was awake or asleep when I wrote this.


All I know is you came to me when I was at my lowest.


You picked me up, breathed new life in me. I owe my life to you.


Before the life of me, I don't see why you don't see like I do.


But it just dawned on me; you lost a son. See this light in you? It's dark.


Let me turn on the lights and brighten me and enlighten you.


I don't think you realize what you mean to me, not the slightest clue."


 


 


"It hurts when I see you struggle.


You come to me with ideas.


You say that these are pieces, so I'm puzzled.


'Cause the sh-t I hear is crazy,


But you're either getting lazy, or you don't believe in you no more.


Seems like your own opinions, not one you can form.


Can't make a decision, you keep questioning yourself,


Second guessing, and it's almost like your begging for my help.


Like, I'm YOUR leader.


You're supposed to f-cking be MY mentor.


I can endure no more!"


by Eminiem and Dre


 


I have to give them credit for the poetry and words that they use in this song.  The question I ask is "do you see yourself in this song at all?"  I know I do.  One of the lines in bold above really sticks out in my head.  Either I have gotten lazy or I don't believe in me no more...  Sure strikes a cord with me...Its hard to say which it is.  Maybe I need to pull away from all of this, submerge myself in the unknown...in a land where I am not affected by media and advertising, in a place where I can just live off the land and move away from the desire to achieve more and create a false value in the things I acquire.  Maybe I am lazy and can't push myself towards anything anymore (because I don't believe in anything). I would love to think it is all b*llsh!it and that one day I am going to wake up.  I think we are in a time when nothing makes sense.  We are questioning everything.


 


We all need a Dr... Someone who believed in us when the chips were down.  Maybe now is the time to repay those debts.  Start working towards the Greater Good and pay back all the debts we have borrowed.  I don't have all the answers.  I don't claim to..I just constantly search.  The more answers I seem to acquire, the longer the list of questions.  Sometimes it all makes sense, Sometimes none of it makes sense.   (disclaimer...this is not an "oh shit my life is meaningless and I am going to kill me", but rather another reflective moment in my journey)


 


chorus:


 


I'm about to lose my mind


You've been gone for so long


I'm running out of time


I need a doctor


Call me a doctor


I need a doctor, doctor


To bring me back to life


 


Think back on your Dr? Was it someone who believed in you when you didn't? We all have a Dr.  Eminem paid his respect to his, Maybe we should do the same to ours.


 


Until next time.



Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)