hanging out in PB Current mood: creative

Okay so I went out in PB with my friend Ryan who I work with at Bicycle Discovery. I called him at 8:30 and at that point he said, "dude, i think i am going to cancel tonight. I got home and i am really tired. Let me chill for 30 minutes and I will let you know if I'm going out,"
I decided that I would stay at home and read this weeks reader. I read my two favorites, party crasher and Barbarella. I then started reading a very intersting article on how racism isn't dead. The interviewer in the article questioned approximately 50 teens and asked them various questions about their ethnicity and how it affected them. It was a great article and you can read it http://www.sdreader.com/php/cover.php?mode=article&showpg=1&id=20061221.
Very interesting and enlightening. So at 9:25 I get a call from mr Biers, "I will see you there...I am heading out," So I donned my best apparel and headed out. First stop, Cabo Cantina in PB off Garnett. Interesting little place. Shaped like a J, it looks just like a club you would see on anystreet usa and replicates the baja california feel. I ordered a beer as soon as Ryan showed up, and to my surprise, they were out of 12 oz coronas so I had to endure 24 oz. It wasn't too bad and because of my training routine, it was rather refreshing and went down pretty smoothly.
Ryan said, "close out your tab, we're heading to the tavern,". So I did and we (about 15 people) paraded down to the Tavern. There was an issue getting in the front door because apparently the bouncer said one of the guys in our party was intoxicated. After some heavy convincing, the bouncer swayed and let the guy in. I ordered my favorite, fat tire, and proceeded to make the rounds. In my rounds, I began to realize..."At what point do you get sick of the club scene" That answer became clear as the night progressed. After finishing my first beer, Biers said, "heading to the typhoon saloon", so I again paid my tab and headed out across the street to the saloon.
It was definately the hapening place. The band was Flock of Seagulls and they are a great 80's band. if you haven't heard them, check em out. They are very good and can do all the 80's bands flawlessly. I orderd a beer and began to make my rounds. I began to notice that I am a looker...meaning I get lots of looks. I was even approached by a young lady who couldn't keep her eyes off me. I did find that quite odd since she showed up with a gentleman in her arms. She waited until he went to the bathroom and then darted over to talk to me. She said something about the band, her name being Lyndsey and that I had amazing eyes. She continued to talk to me after her b/f came out of the bathroom at which time they proceeded to make out right in front of me...HOT....not. She was still checkin me out while they were makin out, makes me think she wanted a menage a trois... That wouldn't have been too bad, but i digressed, i apologize. So after that, the evening began to wind down. I said my goodbyes and walked back to my car, mind you, i had been drinking water the last 3 hours of the evening to flush my system.
I got into my car and headed home. I was greeted by the two most beautiful women I have ever seen...Tigher and Precious. Even though I am in the midst of change in my life, it is nice to know that there are some things that are constant, love of family, love of friends, and the love of my two wonderful, chirpy, smart cats. Until next time...
Currently listening : Under the Milky Way: The Best of the Church By The Church Release date: By 28 September, 1999

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)