Pushing Through

Sometimes we don't know how we are going to get there. We see all of the obstacles that keep us from whatever the goal is. We think of all that isn't, instead of all that is. We make excuses and say it isn't possible.

What if you could change all that? What if you saw doorways opening, the universe aligning and possibilities expanding? What is stopping you from seeing things the latter way? Its your mind.

These past few weeks have been tough for me. I have had to let go of control of many things and one of them being, that I am really not in control of anything. I am present and in the moment and try to find joy in all things that surround me. Financially, my life is a wreck. I am not sure if I will be able to scrape together funds to pay my rent, as well as car note, school loans, credit card and groceries and put gas in my tank.

What I can only focus on right now. I am not sure about what or where my future will take me. I am not in control of that. I cannot think of times past and how good things may have been, because that was a moment created by my mind and it is in the past. Just because something or someone was great in the past, doesn't guarantee it greatness in the future. All we have is right now.

As you become aware of yourself and learn to live in the now, focus on all that is. Focus on your breathing and feel the energy running through your body. Notice every area of your body, not just your head or your heart, but pay attention to the extremities, such as the feet, legs, hands and arms. Focus again on your breathing and the depth of your breath. Focus on the immediate beauty of the room or place where you are. Look at things with an appreciation, rather than disdain.

When you get overwhelmed as I have recently, Take a moment to stop. Stop the mind from thinking ahead or backwards and embrace the now. You say you can't because you think too much, but the truth of the matter is that it is up to you to start. Your life will begin to maintain calmness and balance as you begin to appreciate the power of now.

(Note: I was down in the dumps for the past three days and wanted the universe to send me money or work. I recieved something much better-a lesson and knowledge. Last night I got a call from my cousin Jake and he was in a funk. Seems he and I share similar Neurochemistry and he has been majorly depressed for the past few days. We spoke for about an hour last night and realized how similar our lives are. We discussed our expectations and where we both thought that we would be in our lives at this time, him being 25 me being 38, and ultimately both realized that none of it matters. Its a false sense of pride that we place on ourselves at a young age. It is our minds expectation of us based on things we hear and see and in reality, we have learned incorrectly. We need only focus on our experience at this moment in order to find true happiness. Nothing out there will leave us content as the now, not new cars, new houses, new shoes, new purses or new gadgets. Those things will make us feel better temporarily, but once those items aren't new anymore, we begin looking again for "whats next". I say look inside and see what is already there. May you be blessed and learn to live in the now)

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)