Meetings of the mind.

Family and friends,

 

So a month or so ago, I worked a program up in LA and met an amazing person while there.  She was producing some modeling shoots for a very large department store.  It was a random coincidence that we met.  Every day she would check her email and see what candidates were lined up for the day.  She was always checking her email with her partner in crime in the lobby of the hotel.  We made small but funny talk every time they were in the lobby and since I was stationed at the hospitality desk there, our conversations became more frequent.

 

On the last day of their shoot and our hospitality desk, we exchanged business cards and went our merry ways.  I started corresponding with her and she rapidly responded and we earnestly began having very pleasant dialogue.  Somehow or another she found my blog and began reading about me.  We have been conversing on a weekly and even sometimes a nightly basis.  She will impart me with some wisdom, I respond by asking her questions about her life and her story.  We have kept a very open and interesting dialogue going since that time.  I actually look forward to getting emails from her.  The conversations are more than, “that’s nice” or “hey that is great”.  They have substance to them and make you think.

 

In an age where emails, text messages and cell phones rule, sometimes the conversations lag or are too short.  We blackberry or blackjack short one liners back to an email that may have more complex needs.  We text msg someone a brief hw r u? and expect a one word reply.  In todays day and age, it is nice to have a dialogue going with someone that is educated and shares respect.  It is nice to connect on a level greater than “hi”.   So this blog goes out to my friend in the Northwest.  I say to her, thanks for the amazing conversations and a wonderful friendship.  I am so glad we met and I look forward to years of conversation with you.  You are an amazing woman and I hope you have a fantastic night.

 

On a different note, I am sitting here listening to a song by Pearl Jam, “Man of the Hour”

For those of you who knew my dad, you will appreciate this song.  If you haven’t heard it, I recommend it. For those of you that didn’t know him, the movie “Big Fish” pretty much summed up my dads life.  He was an amazing story teller.  Sometimes you couldn’t tell where the truth began and the story ended and vice versa.  I wrote a blog about this a year or so ago and I am reminded of him now as I feel his presence so here are the lyrics to a great song.

 

Man of the Hour

By Pearl Jam

 

Tidal waves don’t beg forgiveness
'CRASHED' and on their way
Father he enjoyed collisions; others walked away
A snowflake falls in may.
And the doors are open now as the bells are ringing out
Cause the man of the hour is taking his final bow
Goodbye for now.

Nature has its own religion; gospel from the land
Father ruled by long division, young men they pretend
Old men comprehend.

And the 'SKY BREAKS' at dawn; shedding light upon this town
They’ll all come ‘round
Cause the man of the hour is taking his final bow
Goodbye for now.

And the road
The old man paved
The broken seams along the way
The rusted signs, left just for me
He was guiding me, love, his own way
Now the man of the hour is taking his final bow
As the curtain comes down
I feel that this is just goodbye for now.

 

Until next time…

 

 

 

Comments

  1. remember how we used to send like 10 emails a day when u worked at the bike shop? i miss those conversations with you. hope u are well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your comment. I will review and add it to my blog comments shortly. Thank you so much for reading!

Most Popular Posts

Broken heart and irreplaceable smile

I broke up with caffeine...

Feels like a throat punch to my heart

Screw back up plans

Just a friendly update on me :-)